I'm Clark and this is my English 101 blag. And now I officially have no idea what to write about.



Sunday, October 24, 2010

No, No, No! That's Not Right At All!

Overall, I think the revision process is the most important, and subsequently, the most intricate of process of writing a paper. Reading over something you have already thought out and believe is tight and ready to go can be nerve-wracking once you start finding spelling mistakes and syntax errors left and right.  My original drafts work well overall, but it’s still those few trouble spots that always keep me busy.

          I am usually very nit-picky over my word choice and word order. My spelling is atrocious (note: just spelled that wrong), so I correct my slip-ups more than anything else. After about two revisions, I feel that everything is about as neat as it can be. I feel my revisions do a lot to slim my writing down and keep it where I want it to be. We haven’t had much input from Ms. Barker on this one, so sometimes I feel like I’m flying solely on my own ideas of what sounds better.

            I would have to say my biggest problem I’ve been having with this revision is deciding to keep a few rhetorical questions in my body paragraphs. In the past I’ve been told that they don’t read well and can kind of screw up the flow of your writing, but sometimes, like in this assignment, I can’t find any other way to get my point across. Hopefully I can get some useful pointers on how to mix up my writing here soon.

1 comment:

  1. dude - you spelled atrocious correctly. what are you talking about? anyway, look at they say, i say for alternative words that can spark your writing. also, incorporate transitions in your work so that your sentences and paragraphs are fluid and cohesive.

    ReplyDelete